Sometimes, you just want to know stuff you don’t already know so you feel in the know. (That sentence makes sense, trust me.) So, if you’re in the mood to learn a thing or two about your home windows that you may have never learned before—keep reading!
Here are 10 practical facts about the role your windows play in the appearance and effectiveness of your Del Mar, CA home!
- Double-pane windows cut down more than just drafts. In fact, double-pane windows greatly reduce outside noises like planes, trains, noisy neighbor kids, and barking dogs so you can rest PEACEFULLY. That also means your noisiness is less noticed outside by the neighbors. Win-win!
- Leaky windows spend a LOT of your money.Inefficient windows, skylights, and doors account for about 25% of the average American home’s energy bills, according to the Department of Energy. Replacing yours with high-quality, double-paned, energy-efficient, and heat-resistant coatings can cut your energy costs by as much as 15%. That’s a lot.
- Solid wood windows are high-maintenance. They are beautiful and energy-efficient; however, you will find that you have to put in the work to keep them protected from the elements.
- “Low-E” glass reflects heat BACK TOWARD the source. This thin metallic coating actually reflects heat back in the direction it came from. So, you will stay cool in the summers and warm in the winters. This also helps take some of the energy burden off your HVAC system.
- Glazing defends against fading. Quality windows with professionally-applied glazing protect your floors, carpets, and furniture from UV rays which cause fading. Oh, your skin will thank you, too!
- Windows make up between 10-20% of your wall space. With this much coverage, don’t you owe it to yourself and to your house to choose beautiful, high-quality windows?
- Skylights provide more light. This is obvious, I know. But, to clarify: skylights provide 25-35% more natural light than identical vertical windows. Translation? You save money on lighting.
- Vinyl windows are budget-friendly. Vinyl windows are known for their affordability. They are also great for withstanding harsh weather without warping, chipping, or rusting!
- Special glass treatments > window treatments. Frosted and bubbled glass allow you privacy without compromising natural light. These are especially popular for bathrooms and ground-level closets.
- Windows should last you 20 years. This does not mean all windows do, but if you’re looking to replace, choose windows with a 20-year warranty, at a minimum. They’re a big investment; no need to be changing them out more often.
So, how much of this did you already know? The professionals here at Window Solutions are here to assist you in finding the right windows for your home when you’re ready. Let’s find you the right double-pane windows that will protect your interior from UV rays and last you at least a couple decades! Call our team today!
Title Tag and Meta Description:
Window Solutions is made up of a team of professional contractors leading in the window and door industry here in San Diego, CA. If you have questions about new or Del Mar replacement windows and doors, we welcome you to call us or visit us anytime!
Window Solutions / 11632 Riverside Dr Lakeside, CA 92040 / 619-285-0515