Spring is the time of year when everyone is itching to upgrade something in their homes. We all feel it—that urge to redecorate or rearrange or replace; otherwise known as “the three R’s.” Which do you feel compelled to take on this year? Your trusted pros here at Window Solutions want to give you a few tips about how to tackle a redecoration, rearrangement, and/or a replacement project for your Poway, CA home!
R is for REDECORATING
Redecorating your home can be a really fun undertaking. But, we advise homeowners to take on one room at a time, for a couple reasons:
– Redecorating one room at a time allows you to see the fruits of your labor sooner. When you focus on a space, exclusively, you tend to complete it sooner and not lose steam!
– Choosing one room—like your bedroom or kitchen, for example—will feel much less overwhelming.
To keep your redecorating project fun, remain realistic. Changing out the old for the new may not be as easy as it is for the stars of HGTV. But, it doesn’t have to be hard. Have a yard sale, donate outdated items you used to love but have grown out of, and gift usable décor to younger siblings, children, or grandchildren. Once you’ve cleared some space, focus on these three redecorating tips:
1. Neutral colors for the walls
2. Update fixtures and hardware (cabinet pulls, lighting fixtures, drawer knobs, door handles…)
3. Scale artwork to the wall (don’t hang dinky little art on a massive wall… it looks silly.)
R is for REARRANGING
Sometimes, we just get sick of our room’s arrangement and want to change it up! Rearranging is a great way to give your home a fresh look without spending a dime. Here are some tips from the Window Solutions experts:
– Make your furniture “talk” to each other. In other words, face the furniture toward each other. Common configurations are direct facing L-shaped facing, U-shaped facing, and parallel formation.
– Be mindful of furniture sizes. For a restful, relaxing space, keep the furniture volumes similar. a Mix furniture of various sizes if your aim is to create a dynamic space.
– Know the difference between the two types of symmetry. Asymmetry—such as two candles or two vases of different sizes nest to each other—creates excitement and emotion, while symmetry supports a peaceful environment.
R is for REPLACING
There are times when replacing is necessary to renew your home’s interior. If you have outdated or inoperable features—like windows—replace them! No amount of redecorating or rearranging can fix a too-small, old, or broken window. New windows are an instant facelift to any space and this spring is the perfect time to upgrade yours.
We hope these tips from the pros here at Window Solutions have helped get you excited for your pending upgrades! If new windows Poway are on your list this spring, give our team a call!
Window Solutions / 11632 Riverside Dr Lakeside, CA 92040 / 619-285-0515